Decca SXL 6529
The Planets - Holst
Zubin Mehta & Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
Supporto: stampa su 1 LP a 33 giri con vinile 180 Gr
Made in Germany
The Absolute Sound 40th Anniversary Best Sounding Music!
180 Gram Vinyl! TAS Recommended!
Rated a 'Best Audiophile Label Recording' in the November 2009 issue of The Absolute Sound!
Zubin Mehta and the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra with the Los Angeles Chorale (female section), Roger Wagner, music director. A rather late-model (1971) London release that continually adorns most critical and audiophile "greatest" lists. Begun in 1914 and debuting in 1919, this piece is considered Gustav Holst's pinnacle work. It's rich and extravagant scoreing pushes the orchestra under Mehta's knowledgeable skill, instilling visions of each planet in the solar system. The recording is clear and transparent, reminiscent of the London/Decca golden recording period.
• 180 Gram Vinyl
Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
Zubin Mehta, conductor
Los Angeles Master Chorale (Female voices of)
Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
The Planets - Suite
1. I Mars, the Bringer of War - Allegro
2. II Venus, the Bringer of Peace - Adagio
3. III Mercury, the Winged Messenger - Vivace
4. IV Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity - Allegro giocoso
5. V Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age - Adagio
6. VI Uranus, the Magician - Allegro
7. VII Neptune, the Mystic - Andante